Q: Why are the “Imported Items” and “Last Update Imported” values different?
This is in reference to cases like the one seen in the screenshot below.
The difference in the numbers between the Imported items column (in this case, the value of 6) and the Last update imported (in this case, 4) happens often and is nothing to worry about. Here is how it may occur:
- On the first-ever fetch, you import a total of 10 posts. This will cause both your Imported Items and the Last update imported values to be 10.
- Say you have set an update interval of 1 hour. So in the next hour, another fetch would be made by the plugin, but if there are no new feed items in your RSS feed source, there would be nothing to import.
- This will mean that the Imported items remain at 10, but the Last update imported will have a value of 0 since there was nothing imported in the latest fetch.
Another possible cause could be:
- On your first-ever fetch, you import a total of 3 posts. This will cause both your Imported Items and the Last update imported values to be 3.
- You might then delete those 3 imported posts, either manually or automatically because of a limit set within WP RSS Aggregator’s settings.
- This will leave the Imported Items column with a value of 0 since no posts remain on your site, while the Last update imported value will still be 3 since it was the number of posts that were imported during the previous fetch.
There may be other similar scenarios, but either way, this is something normal and nothing to worry about.