How to Set Up Feed to Post's Image Options
These options give you the ability to choose how images are handled within Feed to Post.
The Image options can be found in
- Each feed source's Add New or Edit page,
- The general Feed to Post Settings page.
The first option lets you choose the author to assign to the post. You have two options:
From here you can choose the settings about images and featured images.
Save Images Locally
Check this box to import the images from the posts into your local media library.
Image Minimum Size
Here you can set the minimum size that you would like for imported images (in pixels). This option applies to images saved in the media library as well as the featured image.
Use a Featured Image
Check this box to enable featured images for imported posts.
Featured Image to Use
Via the dropdown, you can set whether you want to set the featured image from the:
- First image in post content
- Last image in post content
- Feed <media:thumbnail> tag
- Use the fallback featured image
- Enclosure tag
Please consider the following when selecting an option for which image to use:
- First Image in post content is recommended, as this will most likely be the most relevant image if no image is indicated by the Feed.
- The <media:thumbnail> tag, is used by a Feed as a featured image or thumbnail. If it is available in the feed, it is usually the best choice.
- The <enclosure> tag is also commonly used as a featured image or thumbnail.
- If no image is found when importing the feed, the fallback will be the default featured image.
- Lastly, experiment with these settings to determine which is the best to use for a particular feed source.
We have also provided a few Advanced Image Handling tips for you to modify the imported images even further.
Fallback to Feed Image
Check this box to use the feed channel’s image, if available, before resorting to the feed source’s fallback image.