Creating a Custom RSS Feed of Imported Feed Items
WP RSS Aggregator offers, right out the box, the option of creating a custom RSS feed that lists all imported feed items.
The custom RSS feed can be used in a number of ways:
- To review the content you are publishing to your site without having to look through all the pages on your site where you have feed items being displayed via the WP RSS Aggregator shortcode.
- To import the content being imported on this site into some other site, or some other app.
- and much more.
How to Set Up the Custom RSS Feed
All it takes are 4 easy steps. Of course, you must first import feed items from other sources to include them in this RSS feed.
- Go to RSS Aggregator > Settings.
- Look for the "Create a Custom RSS Feed" section in the General
- Add your preferred Custom feed URL.
- Name the feed with the Custom feed title.
- Limit the number of feed items to include with the Custom feed limit.
Where to Find the Generated Custom RSS Feed
In step 2 above you set a custom feed URL. This is where your new custom RSS feed will call home.
So, visiting this URL will show you the RSS feed you just created, that contains the imported feed items.
For example, based on the screenshot above, the RSS feed would be located at:
You are now free to use this RSS feed wherever you want. It will continue to update itself as new feed items are automatically imported into your site through WP RSS Aggregator.