How to Test for Plugin and/or Theme Conflicts
Sometimes it might be the case that certain 3rd party plugins or themes will conflict with WP RSS Aggregator, causing it not to function as advertised. In such cases, we advise all users to run the necessary tests explained below.
Test for Theme Conflicts
To test for a theme conflict:
- Activate a default theme, such as the TwentySeventeen or TwentyEighteen theme, or any default theme made by the WordPress team.
- Check to see if the issue still occurs.
If the issue does not occur after having activated the default “Twenty...” theme, your theme is causing a conflict with WP RSS Aggregator.
If the issue continues to occur, you should then test for plugin conflicts (below)
Test for Plugin Conflicts
To test for a plugin conflict:
- Deactivate ALL plugins.
- Activate WP RSS Aggregator (and any add-ons for it).
- Check to see if the issue occurs.
If the issue does not occur, one (or more) of your plugins is causing a conflict with WP RSS Aggregator. To determine which plugin(s) is causing the conflict, follow these steps:
- Activate each plugin one by one.
- Check to see if the issue occurs after each plugin is activated.